Really? September? You have got to be kidding me. There is just no way it is September already. This week, why not celebrate the last week of summer vacation with a trip to the market and grab a bite to eat? Bring a blanket and pull up some shade. Feel free to borrow our bocce set for a game in beautiful Tipperary Park.
Last week’s cookbook swap was so popular that we’ve decided to include this as a regular fixture at all non rainy markets for the rest of the season. Look for it up at the info table and feel free to bring your unwanted cookbooks to swap for cookbooks from our stash. It’s a book for a book of approximate equal value, or you can buy a book for a minimum $2 donation.
Our musical guest this week is traditional Andean music by Rumi Morales. Our music at the market is sponsored by the great people at the Heritage Grill. Be sure to check out the kids area with crafts sponsored by local realtor Derrick Thornhill, and stop by to see our facepainter Allyson to get your arm or face painted. Stop by to see what the folks from the New Westminster Public Library are working on.
You can reach the market via transit by taking the 106 bus or the Skytrain to Columbia Street Station and walking to the market at 4th and Royal. Parking is available in the neighbourhood for free along Royal Avenue, Queens Avenue, or at City Hall’s lot after 4:30. Please respect our neighbours. Cyclists can drop bikes off to the fine folks at our info desk at the top end of the market for safekeeping. Don’t forget to check out our cool new merchandise – we are now selling reusable produce bags made locally by the people at Carebags.
A list of all vendors attending the September 1st market is below, but remember to check back for cancellations and updates! This list is current as of August 30th.
Eat On Site
- Eli’s Serious Sausage – handmade pork sausages grilled to perfection
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Icy Freshpops – gourmet locally made popsicles
- Mollie’s Minis – delightful and yummy mini donuts and other treats
- Ovenmonkey Bakery – selling fresh Langos – Hungarian fried flatbread
- Samosa Guy – hot vegetarian samosas and pakoras, as well as frozen take home samosas
- Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm – Peppers, tomatoes, apples & pumpkins
- LAST WEEK THIS SEASON Canwest Farms – blueberries in 5 and 10 pound cartons
- Celyddon Farms – Certified organic produce from Delta
- Felix Farms – Guichon Farms – assorted locally grown produce by Fifth Generation Farmers in Delta
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Golden West Farms – Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- Maan Farms – assorted locally grown produce
- Nature Village Farm – Asian produce, potted herbs, and mushrooms grown in Richmond
- Red Barn Plants and Produce – assorted locally grown produce
- Secret Garden – cut flower bouquets artfully arranged
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks – High quality cheese from Vancouver Island
Meat & Fish
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
- Port Hardy Seafood – BC caught fish and prawns
- Rockweld Farm – BC frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – squares, cinnamon buns, and old fashioned yummies like crisp rice squares
- French Made Baking – French-from-France baking.
- Sweet Thea Cake Company – tarts, pies, cookies, and cakes
Delectable Treats and Prepared Yummies
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- Maples’ Sugar Shack – maple syrup products
- My Father’s Garden – locally made jams, jellies, chutneys and other products
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Take a Fancy Chocolates and Sweets – handmade chocolates right from scratch
- Ildiko Jewelry – hand forged sterling silver jewelry
- Kiki Kid’s Wear – hand designed, cut, and made kids clothing with a designer edge
- Quality Oak Accents – Fine wood creations
- Scentimental Creations – Soaps, lotions, hand made cosmetics
- i-Dig Gardening – soil amenders and compost additions