So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye!
This week is the “final market” and while we are sad to be see the summer 2010 season wind down, we are looking ahead to our winter market! The winter market starts in November, and, like last year, will be taking place at Holy Trinity Cathedral located at 514 Carnarvon Street. The winter markets are once a month, and take place on the second Saturday of the month from 10AM to 2PM. So mark your calendars with the following dates: November 13, December 11, January 8, February 12, March 12, and April 9. We’re really excited about our winter market and we hope you’ll be able to join us.
But! We have one fun filled and jam packed market to do before we get to Winter Market, so let’s talk about October 7th! We have some truly fun events lined up. Feel free to partake in our free outdoor family portrait studio, staffed by local volunteer professional photographers. We’re setting up an autumnal scene complete with hay, scarecrows, leaves, and other fall accoutrement in gorgeous Tipperary Park, and we invite you to don your favourite outfits and bring down the whole family. We’ll snap your portrait (think: easy holiday card!) and a few days later we’ll email you a link where you will be able to download your picture and have prints made! If you don’ t have email – that’s okay too. For a small fee, we can have your picture printed for you and mail it to you. A hat tip goes to Mary Forstbauer from Forstbauer Family Farm for supplying us with the fabulous props.
We’ll also have a limited number of carving (and eating!) pumpkins from the Applebarn Pumpkin Farm available for a minimum $1 donation to the local Food Bank. Pick up your pumpkin in the middle of the market – don’t forget your tote to carry it home! Or, you can pick up our 100% recycled cotton tote, made in Canada, and beautifully screened with our logo for the special final market price of $7for non-members, and $4 for members. These totes are one of our fundraisers and we love seeing people walking all over our fine city proudly carrying their goods in this sturdy, well made tote.
Did you know that RCFM is accessible by transit? Check the Translink Trip Planner and just type in 4th St and Royal Ave into the “destination” box and your location in the “departing” box and you’ll be all set.
We want to take this opportunity to say thank you for your support this season – the weather hasn’t always been cooperative so it really warms our hearts that you still continued to come and support the market week in and week out. Thanks also to our sponsors – The City of New Westminster, Westminster Savings, The Heritage Grill,and Tenth to the Fraser and also the vendors. We’d also like to especially thank all of the volunteers who have contributed to making this season so successful – both the people who have worked so hard at the market and those of you who have helped and contributed your time and services behind the scenes. We simply wouldn’t exist without all these great folks.
Here’s what else we have on for the final market:
Music, sponsored by our friends at the Heritage Grill (where there’s live jazz, blues, folk, Latin, and funk 7 days a week!):
- local jazz/funk/prog rock band Redrick Sultan 3-7pm
Vendors This Week : (not all vendors come to every market, so check this list if you’re looking for someone special – they are arranged categorically. Want a complete listing of all the vendors, even the ones not here this week? Here it is!)
Eat On Site
- Copeland Foods – hot vegetarian samosas, as well as frozen take home meat pies and ready-to-eat dinners
- Creperie La Boheme – Mouthwatering crepes!
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm – Peppers, tomatoes, apples & pumpkins
- Celyddon Farms – Certified organic produce from Delta
- new! Cranberry Meadows – cranberries from Maple Ridge
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Golden West Farms – Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- Maan Farms – assorted locally grown produce as well as HOT ROASTED CORN!
- Misty Mountain Specialties – fresh wild and cultivated mushrooms, dried mushroom products
- Nature Village Farm – Asian produce grown in Richmond
- Red Barn Plants and Produce – assorted locally grown produce
- Shalefield Organic Gardens – produce from the Columbia Valley
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks – High quality cheese from Vancouver Island
Meat & Fish
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – Baked Goods
- Sunrise Pita Company – pitas, chips, dips, and banana bread
- Sweet Thea Cake Company – tarts, pies, cookies, and cakes
- Ace Curries To Go – curry sauces
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Amber’s Choice – baked madeleines, soups, salad dressing
- Anne’s Gallery – Jams, jellies & knitting
- Bean Boy Creations – Organic hummous
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- Jane’s Honey Bees – honey and other bee products
- Maples’ Sugar Shack – maple syrup products
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Alma Valle Fine Silver Jewelry – handcrafted sterling silver original jewelry
- Black Bamboo Artisans – hand made glazed pottery and knitting
- Ildiko Jewelry – hand forged sterling silver jewelry
- Lesley and Brenda – assorted knitting, beaded items, and other hand made goods
- The Other Eden – cold process soaps scented with essential and fragrance oils, room sprays, body products
- Secret Garden – cut flowers