Even though the summer is over, the farmers market is still around! We’re excited to be kicking off our first winter market of the season this coming Saturday, November 5th, at River Market, located at 810 Quayside Drive.
Music at the market is courtesy of Fiddlestix! This is a fun and exciting drum and fiddle duo sure to get your toes tapping. Our music is sponsored by The Heritage Grill. We are also pleased that this month’s kids’ area is sponsored by the Vancouver Circus School. Don’t forget to check it out upstairs.
You can reach the market on foot via McInnes Street, Begbie Street or via the overhead walkway from Hyack Square at the foot of 8th Street. There is a bike rack on the south west end of the market. Free parking is available courtesy of the City of New Westminster on the B deck of the downtown waterfront parkade. You can enter it via McKenzie, 6th, or 4th Streets. Park on the B deck, at the southwest end and use the stairs to access Quayside Drive. And pay parking is available to the west and east of River Market for $1.50 for 2 hours.
The market takes place inside (both upstairs and downstairs) and outside (on the patio and on the west end). There are lots of yummy hot food choices as well as amazing handmade crafts, prepared delicacies, and produce – yes! Produce. Here’s what’s in season right now.
Here are the vendors confirmed for Saturday November 5th from 10-2. Stop by the RCFM info booth if you need help finding a specific vendor’s location. Please note not all vendors come to every market – to stay up to date, subscribe using www.mymarketsnews.com – we’ll send you a reminder a few days before the market with a list of whose signed up to come.
Eat On Site
- Gina’s Greek Food Catering – delicious Greek food ready to eat
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Ovenmonkey Bakery – selling fresh Langos – Hungarian fried flatbread
- Re-Up BBQ – selling eat on site BBQ goodness and take home bacon
- Samosa Guy – hot vegetarian samosas and pakoras, as well as frozen take home samosas
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Golden West Farms – Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
Meat & Fish
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
- Port Hardy Seafood – BC caught fish and prawns
- Rockweld Farm – BC frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – squares, cinnamon buns, and old fashioned yummies like crisp rice squares
- Sweet Thea Cake Company – tarts, pies, cookies, and cakes
Delectable Treats and Prepared Yummies
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Anne’s Gallery – Jams, jellies & knitting
- Dundarave Olive Company – unique olive products
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- Gourmet Savories – antipasto and pesto
- Maples’ Sugar Shack – maple syrup products
- My Father’s Garden – preserves and seasonal baking
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Take a Fancy Chocolates and Sweets – handmade chocolates right from scratch
- Vancouver Natural Gourmets – sweet treats and good eats, all raw!
- Affera Cosmetics – mineral makeup made in Burnaby
- Black Bamboo Artisans – hand made glazed pottery and knitting
- Calido Art Glass – lampworked beads and jewelry
- Dingolay Glass Creations – African and Caribbean fused glass jewelry
- Dorothy Bickerstaff – quilts
- Ildiko Jewelry – hand forged sterling silver jewelry
- Jolene’s Handmade Soap – cold process soaps coloured with spices
- Monkey Business – costumed handmade sock monkeys
- The Other Eden – cold process soaps scented with essential & fragrance oils, room sprays, body products
- Working Silver – unique handmade silver jewelry