We hope this final market will mark the last of the un-summer-like weather we’ve been experiencing this year. If there are silver clouds to be found, it is that this year the strawberries are AMAZING. The cooler weather have given strawberries a chance to ripen slowly and develop more natural sugars. Have you tried some yet from our vendors? They are out of this world.
This week we are pleased to be showcasing Kwantlen Polytechnic University’s Sustainable Agriculture Program as our community group. Have you been considering an education in this field? This week is a great chance to have a look at what the program offers in the beautiful setting of Tipperary Park.
We are also pleased to be able to offer a really great kids’ activity again this week – our summer intern has a hidden talent for origami and will be showing kids of all ages how to make amazing paper sculptures with recycled office paper (and some fun papers too!). Our kids’ activities are always free to do, and we are always looking for creative businesses or volunteers who’d like to lead a special activity for our kids’ area.
Music this week is Stringz Aloud! They are a duo that plays a mix of swing, gypsy jazz, traditional, and Hawaiian music on Guitar, Mandolin, and Steel Guitar. FUN! Make sure you bring your dancing feet to the market. Our music is sponsored as always by the , where they have live music seven days a week of all genres.
You can reach the market via transit by taking the 106 bus or the Skytrain to Columbia Street Station and walking to the market at 4th and Royal. Parking is available in the neighbourhood for free along Royal Avenue, Queens Avenue, or at City Hall’s lot after 4:30. Please respect our neighbours.
Bringing your bike? Cyclists can drop bikes off to the fine folks at our info desk for safekeeping.
A list of all vendors attending the June 28 market is below, but remember to check back for cancellations and updates! This list is current as of June 26.
Eat On Site
- Chili Tank – chili from a tank! 4 varieties to choose from including vegetarian
- Creperie la Boheme – Sweet and savory buckwheat crepes
- Gogo Java – coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- PazzaRella Auto Pizzeria Napoletana – wood fired pizza and cold Italian soda
- Samosa Guy – hot vegetarian samosas and pakoras, as well as frozen take home samosas
- Celyddon Farms – certified organic produce from Delta
- Maan Farms – assorted locally grown produce
- Nature Village Farm – Asian produce, potted herbs, and mushrooms grown in Richmond
- Pitchfork Organic Farm (Glen Valley Organic Farm)- certified organic fruits, vegetables, herbs and eggs
- Red Barn Plants and Produce – assorted locally grown produce
- Sandhu Produce Growers – berries, peppers and other assorted veggies
- Greendale Herb and Vine – cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks – high quality cheese from Vancouver Island
- Jane’s Honey Bees – honey and other bee products
Meat & Fish
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
- Port Hardy Seafood – BC caught fish and prawns
- Rockweld Farm – BC frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs
- Sleeping Mountain Organic Farms – organic turkey
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – breads
- Blackberry Hill – squares, cinnamon buns, and old fashioned yummies like crisp rice squares
- Sweet Thea Cake Company – tarts, pies, cookies, and cakes
Delectable Treats and Prepared Yummies
- Ace Curries To Go – curry sauces
- Amber’s Choice – soups, salad dressing and cookies
- Anne’s Gallery – jams, jellies & knitting
- Chanthorn Orchids and Thai Curry Sauce – Thai curry, satay and Pad Thai sauces and orchid plants
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – kettlecorn
- Gourmet Savories – antipasto and pesto
- Injiver Ginger Crack Company – ginger syrup and candy
- KICS Lemonade Syrup – lemonade syrups
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Smartleaf Tea – tea and tea baths
- Blue Rose Designs – handmade crochet bags, jewelry and accessories
- Dingolay Glass Creations – African and Caribbean fused glass jewelry
- Gracious Gowns and Gifts – clothing and accessories for adults, children and babies
- Raven’s Rest Studio – trinkets, crafts, and jewelry
- Scentimental Creations – soaps, lotions, hand made cosmetics