It’s summer! It’s summer! I can’t believe it’s summer!
The weather hasn’t been terribly co-operative, but there is something about that official shift from spring to summer that makes the temperature go up a few degrees. At least, in my head it does. Summer reminds me of sandals, canoes, BBQs, iced tea, and especially FARMERS MARKETS!
The June 24th Market is packed with amazing bounty for you to enjoy. And we aren’t just talking about food! Music, entertainment, community groups… it’s going to be a delight.
What’s on this week: (occasionally, things change, and we do our best to update this page as it happens):
Cookbook Swap – bring your unloved, sad, dusty cookbooks and swap them for a new-to-you and exciting cookbook! Got some cookbooks but just want to minimize? Cookbook donations are happily accepted for future swaps, and if you find yourself cookbook-free but want to pick up a few new ones to try out, we’ll accept cash donations on behalf of the Food Bank (minimum suggested donation of $3 per book please) and make sure it makes it their way.
Please note: due to storage issues, we can only accept cookbooks.
Entertainment and Music:
- Chris Messytone – 3-7
Art in the Park: (not a complete list; some artists are drop-in)
Vendors This Week : (not all vendors come to every market, so check this list if you’re looking for someone special – they are arranged categorically. Want a complete listing of all the vendors, even the ones not here this week? Here it is!)
Eat On Site
- Beer Brats – Beer. Brats. Brilliant.
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Maluma Health Foods – Bison hot dogs, bison smokies, bison chili and bison ribs and take home packages too!
- Varinicey Pakoras – vegetable pakoras
- Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm – Peppers, tomatoes, apples & pumpkins
- Celyddon Farms – Certified organic produce from Delta
- Dream Farm Natural Growers – produce grown in Burnaby
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Maan Farms – assorted locally grown produce
- Misty Mountain Specialties – fresh wild and cultivated mushrooms, dried mushroom products
- Nature Village Farm – Asian produce grown in Richmond
- Farmhouse Natural Cheeses – cow’s milk cheeses, goat’s milk cheese, goat’s milk yogurt, cow milk butter
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks – High quality cheese from Vancouver Island
Meat & Fish
- Copeland Foods – meat pies and frozen ready-to-eat dinners
- Fresh Off the Boat – Fresh fish
- Gelderman Farms – Pork
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – Baked Goods
- Eat It Up – Gluten free and no-sugar-added fruit pies, cookies and green tea
- AJI Gourmet Products – Aji spice that makes guacamole, BBQ sauce and more!
- Amber’s Choice – baked madeleines, soups, salad dressing
- Bean Boy Creations – Organic hummous
- Con Amore Foods – handmade fresh pasta and vegan spreads and dips
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- Momma Nellie’s Goodies – Salsa
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Alma Valle Fine Silver Jewelry – handcrafted sterling silver original jewelry
- Black Bamboo Artisans – hand made glazed pottery and knitting
- Magnetite Jewelry by Gina – magnetite jewelry custom fit
- Quality Oak Accents – Fine wood creations
- Scentimental Creations – Soaps, lotions, hand made cosmetics
- Something Pretty by Beth – Hand-painted domino tile jewelry
- Harmony Works Chair Massage – on site chair massage