It’s going to be a hot one this weekend and that means it’s perfect camping weather. Your New Westminster Farmers Market is the most delicious place to go to pick up your camping weekend groceries. We’ve selected a few items that are perfect for a getaway weekend for you:
- Salad Mixes, nugget potatoes, carrots, peppers – Check out the farms!
- Strawberries, Raspberries – Check out the farms!
- Cheeses – Golden Ears Cheesecrafters
- Fancy breads – A Bread Affair
- Fish cakes & Seafood pasta – Wheelhouse Seafoods
- Hummus & Dips – BobAli
- Salsas, tortillas & corn chips – Muy Rico
- Various yummy desserts – Check out our bakers!
Do you love pickled vegetables? This season make your own! Here is a recipe on how to pickle different vegetables.
Visit our Preserving & Meal Planning page for tips and tricks on how to preserve the spring time harvest. Also if you are interested in buying bulk veggies and fruits please get in touch with our Market Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Douglas College will be back at the market with fun activities! Did you know Douglas College is offering over 140 youth camps this summer for boys and girls aged 5-15. Come check out their booth for more info, enter in their raffle draw for a chance to win a free summer camp, and have your kids test their skill at the bean bag toss, lots of cool prizes to be won!
For those of you bringing your four legged friends to the market be sure to pop in and visit our Dog Lounge brought to you by Mindful Mutts!
What’s happening at the market this week?
- Roland Kaulfuss Music Stage presents Rachael Chatoor.
For the Kids
- Have fun in our Mini Farmers Market play area (free)
- Douglas College Summer Camps Bean Bag Toss (free)
- Balloon Creations with Korki ($)
For information on where our market is located, how to find parking and transit directions visit our Summer FAQ page.
Download the Ultimate Farmers Market Shopping List to help with your meal planning and purchases for the week.
Farm Fresh Produce
- Ripple Creek Organics – strawberries, lettuce, spinach, salad mix, plant starts, radish, garlic scapes, chard, kale, nugget potatoes (Certified Organic)
- Ossome Acres – rhubarb, radishes, pea shoots, spinach, arugula, oak leaf lettuce, eggs, raw walnuts (Certified Organic)
- Bose & Sons Family Farm – lettuce greens, carrots
- Harvest Direct Farms – Cherries
- Fresh Quality Produce Ltd – raspberries, strawberries, zucchinis, nugget potatoes, peas, peppers
- Zaklan Heritage Farms – Pac choi, Leaf lettuce, head lettuce, mini gem head lettuce, baby beets, hakurei, radishes (all sorts), salad mix, mustard greens, arugula, swiss chard, kale, baby kale, spinach, mint, sage, oregano, thyme, brocoli, napa cabbage, kohlrabi, green onions
- Country Village Market – strawberries, raspberries
- Nutrigreens – microgreens
- RCFM Merchandise Stall – Dried morel mushrooms
- Golden Ears Cheesecrafters – Cheddar-Aged Medium, Brie, Jersey Blue, Cultured Butter, Havarti-Aged (Flavoured), Gouda-Aged Medium (Flavoured), Feta (Plain, Cranberry, Garlic Scape), Curds, Neufchatel (Plain, Herb & Garlic), Quark (Plain, Cranberry), Emmental, Velvet Blue
Beef, Eggs, Poultry and Seafood
- Rockweld Farm – BC SPCA Certified frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs, dog and cat food
- Wild West Coast Seafoods – flash frozen fillets of Rock Sole, Petrale Sole, Rockfish, Ling Cod, Pacific Cod, Sablefish, Chinook/Spring Salmon, Coho Salmon, Sidestripe Shrimp, Halibut, Albacore Tuna Loin.
- Wheelhouse Seafoods – seafood pasta and crab cakes
- Local Beef & Eggs
- A Bread Affair – breads, baguettes, ciabattas, rolls, scones (Certified Organic)
Gluten Free Breads & Baking
- Delish Gluten Free – bread, scones, muffins, brownies and cookies
- Marie’s Guilt Free Baking – bread, cookies, pizza dough and snacks
- Sweet Thea Cakes – tarts, pies, cookies and cakes
- Samaya Delights – turmeric muffins, baklava
- Feeding Change – raw vegan desserts
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – kettle corn (traditional and caramel)
- Rain City Juicery – cold press juices made in New West
Food Trucks & Eat On Site
- Nellie’s Vietnamese – Vietnamese comfort food
- Gypsy Trunk Gourmet Fare – vegan burritos, quesadillas and sausages
- Country Village Market – traditional pakoras
Prepared Food (Dry Goods & Seasonings)
- Seedibles – a tasty and healthy seasoning for all your kids meals!
Prepared Foods (Pantry Staples)
- Jam Shack Preservery – jams, chutneys, pickled veggies and preserves
- BobAli – hummus, olive tapenades and delicious spreads
- Sidney Smokehouse – local smoked jerky
- Chanthorn Orchids & Thai Sauces – tasty sauces for authentic Thai dishes
- Muy Rico – salsas, mayonaise, mole sauces, tortilla chips and corn tortillas
- Mindful Eating – frozen samosas to take home and bake
- Old Country Perogi – frozen perogies (gluten free and vegan options available)
Health and Beauty
- Blue Rose Soaps – soaps and personal care products
Jewelry & Artisan Crafts
- Bits & Keys – funky jewelry and fun cross stiches
- Lighten Up Jewels – timeless pieces made with love
- New World Felting – beautifully made felted scarves, hats
Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Dragon Mist Distillery – locally made vodka and gin
Special Thanks to our Music Stage Sponsor Roland Kaulfuss: