Ah, the new year. Such a fresh and exciting time, isn’t it? We hope you all had a fabulous holiday season.
Our next winter market is coming up on Saturday, January 7th at River Market, located at 810 Quayside Drive from 10am to 2pm. We’ll be celebrating all things winter at this market, and if you made a New Year’s resolution to eat better, the farmers market has you covered.
Music at the market is members of the Geometric Shapes. Our music is sponsored by The Heritage Grill. We are also pleased that this month’s kids’ craft area is sponsored by Vancouver Circus School. As well, we are happy to be welcoming West Coast Rottweiler Rescue as our community group.
You can reach the market on foot via McInnes Street, Begbie Street or via the overhead walkway from Hyack Square at the foot of 8th Street. There is a bike rack on the south west end of the market. Free parking is available courtesy of the City of New Westminster on the B deck of the downtown waterfront parkade. You can enter it via McKenzie, 6th, or 4th Streets. Park on the B deck, at the southwest end and use the stairs to access Quayside Drive. And pay parking is available to the west and east of River Market for $1.50 for 2 hours.
The market takes place inside (both upstairs and downstairs) and outside (on the patio and on the west end). There are lots of yummy hot food choices as well as amazing handmade crafts, prepared delicacies, and produce – yes! Produce. Here’s what’s in season right now.
Here are the vendors confirmed. Stop by the RCFM info booth if you need help finding a specific vendor’s location. Please note not all vendors come to every market, so to stay up to date, subscribe using www.mymarketsnews.com – we’ll send you a reminder a few days before the market with a list of whose signed up to come.
PS: Don’t miss our AGM at the New Westminster Public Library January 26th from 6-9pm with special guest speaker John Gibeau, from the Honeybee Centre in Langley.
Eat On Site
- Gina’s Greek Food Catering – delicious Greek food ready to eat
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Re-Up BBQ – southern pulled pork, beef brisket, lemonade, sweet tea, and bacon!
- Samosa Guy – hot vegetarian samosas and pakoras, as well as frozen take home samosas
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Golden West Farms – Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- Sunlight Blossoms – lucky bamboo, orchids, and cut flowers
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
Meat & Fish
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
- Rockweld Farm – BC frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs
- Wild Wild West Seafood – BC caught fish and prawns
Bread & Baking
Delectable Treats and Prepared Yummies
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Anne’s Gallery – Jams, jellies & knitting
- Dundarave Olive Company – unique olive products
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- Maples’ Sugar Shack – maple syrup products
- My Father’s Garden – preserves and seasonal baking
- Momma Nellie’s Goodies – Salsa, crisps, and cranberry jelly
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Affera Cosmetics – mineral makeup made in Burnaby
- Calido Art Glass – lampworked beads and jewelry
- Gracious Gowns and Gifts – custom and unique beautiful hospital gowns
- Jolene’s Handmade Soap – cold process soaps coloured with spices
- The Other Eden – cold process soaps scented with essential & fragrance oils, room sprays, body products
- Pretty Up Parties – upcycled and unique craft supplies
- Quality Oak Accents – Fine wood creations
- Working Silver – unique handmade silver jewelry