This was my first try at gluten free cooking and it turned out pretty well. I halved the original recipe, as suggested on the website I read it on, and whipped out my brand new cake pan and got started. It was really easy to make, probably thanks to the great gluten free flour mix from High Crow Gluten Free Foods, and ended up tasting really delicious! I had a hard time finding Gluten-Free Sour Cream and, according to Google, only low fat Sour Cream has gluten in it anyway, so I just used the normal stuff. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
For other first time Gluten Free bakers: the gooey-ness of the batter really surprised me, it’s a lot stickier then regular cake batter, and I was sure that I was doing something wrong! But have no fear, it all worked out in the end!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups Multi Blend gluten-free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon guar gum or xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup gluten-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting top of cake
- Whipping cream