There are so many wonderful things to eat at the market – wonderful tasting and wonderful for you! But, we realize that sometimes it can be a little daunting to see things you’ve never seen before, and to try and figure out how to make something tasty and simple. Our vendors are experts at what they sell – don’t be afraid to ask them for recipes or tips. And, special this week, we’re offering a free Nutritional Walk and Talk introducing you to some of the nutritional powerhouses at the market! The Walk and Talk is open to all market goers, and will be led by volunteer Kelly Kiss, RHN. Please meet at the RCFM info tent at 6PM. The walk and talk is casual and informal so pre-registration is not required.
What else is on this week?
Music – sponsored by The Heritage Grill:
- Allyson Grant, Face Painting
- Kids Freeplay Zone
- Giant Bouncy Barn! free with proof of purchase
Vendors This Week : (not all vendors come to every market, so check this list if you’re looking for someone special – they are arranged categorically. Want a complete listing of all the vendors, even the ones not here this week? Here it is!)
Eat On Site
- Copeland Foods – hot vegetarian samosas, as well as frozen take home meat pies and ready-to-eat dinners
- Creperie La Boheme – Mouthwatering crepes!
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Maluma Health Foods – Bison hot dogs, bison smokies, bison chili and bison ribs and take home packages too!
- Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm – Peppers, tomatoes, apples & pumpkins
- Canwest Farms – blueberries!
- Celyddon Farms – Certified organic produce from Delta
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Golden West Farms – Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- Maan Farms – assorted locally grown produce as well as HOT ROASTED CORN!
- Misty Mountain Specialties – fresh wild and cultivated mushrooms, dried mushroom products
- Nature Village Farm – Asian produce grown in Richmond
- Red Barn Plants and Produce – assorted locally grown produce
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks – High quality cheese from Vancouver Island
Meat & Fish
- Lamington Heritage Farms – frozen cuts of lamb and duck, as well as fresh chicken eggs. Duck eggs when available.
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – Baked Goods
- Eat It Up – Gluten free and no-sugar-added fruit pies, cookies and green tea
- Sunrise Pita Company – pitas, chips, dips, and banana bread
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Amber’s Choice – baked madeleines, soups, salad dressing
- Anne’s Gallery – Jams, jellies & knitting
- Bamboo Yoga Tea – batch crafted wellness teas prepared locally
- Bean Boy Creations – Organic hummous
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- JJ’s Country Cookin’ and Diabetic Foods – sugar free jam and many varieties of pickled vegetables
- Jane’s Honey Bees – honey and other bee products
- Maples’ Sugar Shack – maple syrup products
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Taste Tea Cup – hand crafted loose leaf teas
- Black Bamboo Artisans – hand made glazed pottery and knitting
- Diva Dawg Clothing Company – dog clothing and accessories, altered art bracelets for humans
- Mod Argent – hand forged sterling silver jewelry
- The Other Eden – cold process soaps scented with essential and fragrance oils, room sprays, body products
- Pomomama Designs – wire crochet jewelry and accessories, fused fabric and metal art
- Quality Oak Accents – Fine wood creations
- Something Pretty by Beth – Hand-painted domino tile jewelry
- Trevor Cooper Photography – West Coast themed professional photography at affordable prices
- Secret Garden – cut flowers