This Saturday marks our final winter market for this season. After this market, we’ll be taking a short hiatus to get organized for the summer (but you can see our info booth at the Naramata at the River wine event April 24) and we’ll be returning to Tipperary Park on Thursdays from 3-7 from June 7 to October 4.
But! Winter market season is not over yet despite the return of spring and daylight savings and this market will be our most packed yet this season! We hope you can join us.
You can pick up your tickets for the Naramata Bench Spring Wine Release event on April 24 at the market on Saturday – they’ll be upstairs just outside the circus school. Kids crafts are generously sponsored by Yoyomama.ca and you can find them upstairs, too. The BC Hydro PowerSmart team will also be on hand with activities and information. Outside on the west end, find the local Brownie pack with information about Girl Guides of Canada. We are pleased to have Karla Sleightholme, a talented local saxaphone player, performing live throughout the market. Local environmental group, New Westminster Environmental Partners will also be there to provide info and gather your input on the Master Transportation Plan in New Westminster.
You can reach the market on foot via McInnes Street, Begbie Street or via the overhead walkway from Hyack Square at the foot of 8th Street. There is a bike rack on the south west end of the market. Free parking is available courtesy of the City of New Westminster on the B deck of the downtown waterfront parkade. You can enter it via 6th or 4th Streets. Park on the B deck, at the southwest end and use the stairs to access Quayside Drive. And pay parking is available to the west and east of River Market for $1.50 for 2 hours.
The market takes place inside (both upstairs and downstairs) and outside (on the patio and on the west end). There are lots of yummy hot food choices as well as amazing handmade crafts, prepared delicacies, and produce – yes! Produce. Here’s what’s in season right now.
Here are the vendors confirmed. Stop by the RCFM info booth if you need help finding a specific vendor’s location. Please note not all vendors come to every market, so to stay up to date, subscribe using www.mymarketsnews.com – we’ll send you a reminder a few days before the market with a list of whose signed up to come.
Eat On Site
- Gina’s Greek Food Catering – delicious Greek food ready to eat
- Ovenmonkey Bakery – selling fresh Langos – Hungarian fried flatbread
- Pazzarella Auto Pizzeria – wood fired oven baked pizza
- Re-Up BBQ – southern pulled pork, beef brisket, lemonade, sweet tea, and bacon!
- Samosa Guy – hot vegetarian samosas and pakoras, as well as frozen take home samosas
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Sunlight Blossoms – lucky bamboo, orchids, and cut flowers
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
Meat & Fish
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
- Port Hardy Seafood – BC caught fish and prawns
- Rockweld Farm – BC frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – squares, cinnamon buns, and old fashioned yummies like crisp rice squares
- French Made Baking – French-from-France baking.
- Sweet Thea Cake Company – tarts, pies, cookies, and cakes
Delectable Treats and Prepared Yummies
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Anne’s Gallery – Jams, jellies & knitting
- Dundarave Olive Company – unique olive products
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- Gourmet Savories – antipasto and pesto
- Maples’ Sugar Shack – maple syrup products
- My Father’s Garden – preserves and seasonal baking
- Momma Nellie’s Goodies – Salsa, crisps, and cranberry jelly
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Take a Fancy Chocolates and Sweets – handmade chocolates right from scratch
- Affera Cosmetics – mineral makeup made in Burnaby
- Amanda McCracken – one of a kind crocheted 3D stuffed toys
- Calido Art Glass – lampworked beads and jewelry
- Dingolay Glass Creations – African and Caribbean fused glass jewelry
- Hoover Crafted Jewelry – beaded jewelry made in New Westminster
- Ildiko Jewelry – hand forged sterling silver jewelry
- Jolene’s Handmade Soap – cold process soaps coloured with spices
- My Secret Cravings – miniature food inspired polymer clay jewelry
- The Other Eden – cold process soaps scented with essential & fragrance oils, room sprays, body products
- Pretty Up Parties – upcycled and unique craft supplies
- Quality Oak Accents – Fine wood creations