1. Attend all board meetings. The President will issue Directors who miss any two meetings a verbal warning. Directors who miss any three meetings will be automatically assumed to have resigned, however board discretion in emergency circumstances is permitted, with a majority vote.
2. Contribute their time. The average number of hours an NWFM Director can expect to spend on Board-related duties is approximately 6-12 hours per month. The NWFM encourages Directors to spend some of their time at the markets if possible, but there is also committee work to be done that takes place outside of market hours.
3. Contribute personal and/or professionals skills to the NWFM as per the strategic needs of the organization.
4. Engage in community outreach at least two times per year. Examples of outreach include attending a relevant networking event, giving a presentation to a group relevant as potential customers, vendors or funders, or organizing a special event or meeting with a related organization to propose a partnership.
5. Continually engage in recruitment of volunteers or directors and/or fundraising for both monetary and in-kind donations. Directors should always identify themselves and their role to potential new vendors and volunteers.
6. Engage in special projects and/or committee work as needed.
For more information contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 778-928-7236.