On August 11th we will be hosting our fifth annual pie bake off. Entries will be judged by several categories. Whether you’re an experienced pie maker or need to look through recipe books for inspiration and direction, we encourage everyone to participate and make use of local and fresh ingredients.
Our pie competition will also raise funds for New West Pride! All donations raised by selling slices of pie will go towards this wonderful community group.
Prizes will be awarded in five categories, and entrants can win in more than one category.
- Best Flavour Combination
- Best Crust
- Most Unique Ingredients
- Best Use of Local Ingredients
- Best Overall Pie
Each winner will receive $20 in market money and a fancy ribbon!
Julia Klymenko, RCFM Board Member
Peter Leblanc, BCAFM Coupon Program Manager
Mike Tiney, New West Pride Representative
Dale Darychuk, I Buy New West
Rules for Submission
- Fruit pies only please. No dairy filling.
- Register by filling out the online form or at the info booth during the market. You’ll need to include a list of ingredients. The ingredients will not be disclosed but are required to comply with the Fraser Health Authority regulations.
- Register as many pies as you like.
- Bring your pie in a disposable pan or clearly label the baking dish including your phone number.
- Please submit your pie on Aug 11 by 5:00 pm.
- The competition is open to everyone, including board members, vendors and volunteers.
Judging will take place from 5:30 – 6:00 pm. The winners will be announced at 6:15 pm. Good luck and happy baking!