Can you believe there are only a few weeks left in the market season? Our last summer market is 7 short weeks away. This week, we’re looking for input on our upcoming winter market and if you have a free few moments, please fill out our survey about the winter market. We’re deep in the planning stages and are about to release the application form for vendors, so stay tuned!
This week at the market we are pleased to offer up the very-popular cookbook swap. Bring your used cookbooks that have become boring and tired, and swap for something new. It works simple: book for an approximately equal valued book. If you don’t have any cookbooks to swap, don’t despair – we’ll sell books out of our stash for a $2 donation each. Books will be located at the info table at the top of the market.
Our musical guest this week is accomplished accordionist Chris Messytone. Our music at the market is sponsored by the great people at the Heritage Grill. Be sure to check out the kids area with crafts sponsored by local realtor Derrick Thornhill, and say hi to our facepainter Allyson, back from her vacation and ready to paint your face or arm. Stop by to see what the folks from the New Westminster Hyack Festival Association are working on.
You can reach the market via transit by taking the 106 bus or the Skytrain to Columbia Street Station and walking to the market at 4th and Royal. Parking is available in the neighbourhood for free along Royal Avenue, Queens Avenue, or at City Hall’s lot after 4:30. Please respect our neighbours. Our bike rack has temporarily gone missing, but you can drop your bike off to the fine folks at our info desk at the top end of the market for safekeeping. Don’t forget to check out our cool new merchandise – we are now selling reusable produce bags made locally by the people at Carebags.
A list of all vendors attending the August 25th market is below, but remember to check back for cancellations and updates! This list is current as of August 22nd.
Eat On Site
- Eli’s Serious Sausage – handmade pork sausages grilled to perfection
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Icy Freshpops – gourmet locally made popsicles (weather pending)
- Mollie’s Minis – delightful and yummy mini donuts and other treats
- Ovenmonkey Bakery – selling fresh Langos – Hungarian fried flatbread
- Rizalina’s Juice – fresh made juice to order
- Samosa Guy – hot vegetarian samosas and pakoras, as well as frozen take home samosas
- Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm – Peppers, tomatoes, apples & pumpkins
- Canwest Farms – blueberries in 5 and 10 pound cartons
- Celyddon Farms – Certified organic produce from Delta
- Felix Farms – Guichon Farms – assorted locally grown produce by Fifth Generation Farmers in Delta
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Golden West Farms – Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- Maan Farms – assorted locally grown produce
- Nature Village Farm – Asian produce, potted herbs, and mushrooms grown in Richmond
- Red Barn Plants and Produce – assorted locally grown produce
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks – High quality cheese from Vancouver Island
Meat & Fish
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
- Port Hardy Seafood – BC caught fish and prawns
- Rockweld Farm – BC frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – squares, cinnamon buns, and old fashioned yummies like crisp rice squares
- French Made Baking – French-from-France baking.
- Sunrise Pita Company – pitas, chips, dips, baklava and and banana bread
- Sweet Thea Cake Company – tarts, pies, cookies, and cakes
Delectable Treats and Prepared Yummies
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Anne’s Gallery – Jams, jellies & knitting
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- Gourmet Savories – antipasto and pesto
- Jane’s Honey Bees – honey and other bee products
- Nonna Pia’s Gourmet Sauces – balsamic based sauces
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Take a Fancy Chocolates and Sweets – handmade chocolates right from scratch
- Clothespins for Clean Air – Karleigh donates all her profits to the BC Lung Association
- Fishpond for Memories – a fun fishin’ game made by Christian with proceeds to the Alzheimer Society of BC
- Magnetite Jewelry by Gina – magnetite jewelry custom fit
- Quality Oak Accents – Fine wood creations